Whatever life step you are about to take, make Hastings Community Education your first step. Whether you’re facing a new challenge, pursuing a passion, seizing an opportunity, building a family or shaping a career, we can make it easier and more enjoyable. For 40 years, we’ve helped Hastings grow, with community-based programs that are convenient, close at hand and cost effective. Contact us at 651-480-7670, fax 651-480-7680. Find staff contact information by clicking on About (above).
New and Noteworthy
- Welcome to our two new Community Education Coordinators! Sara Lawrence has joined the staff as Youth Development Coordinator, replacing Abby Beytien-Carlson who has taken a position with Richfield Community education. Angie McGinnis will be taking over as Early Learning Programs Coordinator for Michelle Thompson, who is retiring January 30.
- Click here to view the inaugural Hastings Community Education Annual Report!
- The Winter-Spring catalog has been delivered to your mailbox the week of December 29. It includes returning FREE Try-It Nights for group fitness classes and many new courses including: Zumba Party (parent & child together), BUTi Yoga, Eat Your Greens to Stay in Those Jeans, Essential Oils, iPad Photo Class, Keeping the Cabin-Business-Farm in the Family, Tax-free Investing, Logo & Branding Secrets for Your Business, Marketing Secrets for Your Business, A Taste of Accounting, more knitting classes, a whole host of crochet classes, Valentine’s Day High Tea at the LeDuc Historic Estate, The Meat Trek – 4 Hours, 4 Fine Butcher Shops, Cast-Iron Cookery, Stalking the Wild Morel of Minnesota, St. Paul Winter Carnival Outing, The War that Changed the World 100 Years Ago, and more.
- FUNDRAISER: Sign up for the Sunday Delivery + Unlimited Digital Access to the Star Tribune Newspaper and Community Education receives dollars for our “Invest in a Student” program. This money is made available to help families enroll their child in an enrichment class that they may not have been able to without the financial support of the Invest in a Student program. Click here to learn more.
- Have you liked us on Facebook yet? Over 300 people have–just click on the Facebook icon above!
- Unity Through Community is Hastings Community Education’s monthly feature on Hastings Cable Channel 14. The show provides information about Community Education and upcoming community activities. It airs daily at 11 am and 7 pm. Click here for the latest show.
- Life Reimagined: Are you ready for your next chapter?
Your world is full of possibilities: new passions to pursue, work that’s rewarding, people to
connect with. Sometimes you know exactly what you want and how to get it, and sometimes
the answer isn’t as clear. Life Reimagined offers you a fresh, personalized, authentic and
thought-provoking approach to help you navigate the next phase of your life. Be inspired by
people just like you who have re-imagined their lives in extraordinary ways. Checkup workbook provided to all participants. Facilitated by AARP certified Guides from SHIFT. Sponsored
by AARP, SHIFT, and Hastings Community Education Fifty Plus! and So. Washington County Community Education. Upcoming classes in Hastings at Tilden Community Center: Wednesday, Feb. 4 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. or Thursday, Feb. 5 noon – 1:30 p.m. FREE, pre-registration required at www.hastingscommunityed.com or call 651-480-7670.
- Click the catalog image below to browse courses and offerings in a flip catalog (or choose this PDF version) — or click here to register online!
- Click here to request distribution of flyers in the Hastings elementary schools.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER: Please check here on inclement weather days to see whether or not your class/program will run.
- Thank you to the United Way of Hastings for their generous grants to our Adults With Disabilities and Little Learner Scholarship Programs!
Alternative Spring Break (ASB) is now available to register for March 16 – 20.
ASB Paper Registration – Click Here
Click here for a PDF version of the Winter-Spring 2015 Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) newsletter.
Click the image below for the ‘flip version’ of the ECFE newsletter.
PRESCHOOL & SCHOOL READINESS classes now available for registration for 2015-16! Click Preschool link above.