Whatever life step you are about to take, make Hastings Community Education your first step. Whether you’re facing a new challenge, pursuing a passion, seizing an opportunity, building a family or shaping a career, we can make it easier and more enjoyable. For 40 years, we’ve helped Hastings grow, with community-based programs that are convenient, close at hand and cost effective. Contact us at 651-480-7670, fax 651-480-7680. Find staff contact information by clicking on About (above).
New and Noteworthy
- Thank you to Amy Miller from the Monarch Project who brought monarch butterflies to Tilden and Pinecrest Kids Campus. She told her audiences about the life cycle of these butterflies, why they are endangered and what we can do to help. Amy then tagged and released monarchs, who will fly up to 250 miles a day to winter in Mexico! See the photographs on our Facebook page at Hastings Community Education.
- Mid-Life Grocery Shopping–learn how to address the nutritional changes in your Fifty Plus years. How do you scale back on shopping and cooking when your nest is empty? A registered dietician from Regina Medical Center will help you master the aisles at the grocery store and come out healthier for it! Thursday, September 18, 6-7 p.m., Tilden Community Center, FREE. Register here.
- Are you ready for your next chapter? Your world is full of possibilities: new passions to pursue, work that’s rewarding, people to connect with. Sometimes you know exactly what you want and sometimes the answer isn’t as clear.
offers you a fresh, personalized, authentic and thought provoking approach to help you navigate the next phase of your life. Facilitated by AARP certified guides from SHIFT. FREE–Monday, September 22, 6-7:30 p.m. or Tuesday, September 30, noon-1:30 p.m., Tilden Community Center. Register NOW as this will fill and space is limited: www.hastingscommunityed.com or call 651-480-7672.
–A Deeper Dive–What’s Next? Have you finished one life chapter and now you’re ready to explore options for the next? Many of us navigate life/work transitions at midlife. Enormous potential comes with and A Deeper Dive will help you define this new phase of your life. In this 4-class session, we will be taking an in-depth look at Richard Leider’s book, Life Reimagined–Discovering Your New Life Possibilities. This group will challenge you to map out the next steps on your journey, connect with people who can support you and explore new directions. Facilitated by SHIFT, an organization for midlifers as they navigate work/life transitions, connecting to resources, organizations and individuals that will guide members to lives of purpose and impact. Tuesdays, October 7, 14, 21, 18, 6-7:30 p.m., Tilden Community Center, $99. Register at www.hastingscommunityed.com or call 651-480-7670.
Unity Through Community is Hastings Community Education’s monthly feature on Hastings Cable Channel 14. The show provides information about Community Education and upcoming community activities. It airs daily at 11 am and 7 pm. Click here for the latest show.
NEW Graduated Driving Law–this law was passed during the 2014 Legislative Session. Our Driver’s Education program meets the requirements of this new law, another good reason for teens to take their Driver’s Education through Community Ed. If a new driver is in your family’s future, register to attend the upcoming parent information class on Monday, October 13, 6:30 p.m., Hastings High School. This class enables your child to take his/her driver’s test.
FREE, “Try-It!” group fitness classes return! You’ve always wanted to try a new fitness class but weren’t sure about enrolling until you knew if you’d like it or would be able to do the moves. Now is your chance to try them for free on these specified nights. While the nights are free, we do ask that you pre-register to help us plan as space can be limited in some areas. (Course titles are linked to registration page.)
- T, Sep 23 – Belly Dance for Fun & Fitness (7-8 pm)
- Th, Sep 18 – Fitness Boot Camp (6-7 pm)
- Th, Sep 18 – Turbo Kick (6:30-7:30 pm)
- Th, Sep 18 – Gentle Yoga (4-5 pm)
- Th, Sep 18 – PiYo, Pilates & Yoga Fusion (5:15-6:15 pm)
All enrichment classes are available for registration now — online, in-person, fax or through the mail. Call us at 651-480-7670 with any questions or to register for a class.
Click the catalog image below to browse courses and offerings in a flip catalog (or choose this PDF version) — or click here to register online!
- Click here to request distribution of flyers in the Hastings elementary schools.
- Thank you to the United Way of Hastings for their generous grants to our Adults With Disabilities and Little Learner Scholarship Programs!
Click here for a PDF version of the Fall 2014 Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) newsletter.
Click the image below for the ‘flip version’ of the ECFE newsletter.
ECFE classes are nearly full, please call to register: 651-480-7670.