Whatever life step you are about to take, make Hastings Community Education your first step. Whether you’re facing a new challenge, pursuing a passion, seizing an opportunity, building a family or shaping a career, we can make it easier and more enjoyable. For 40 years, we’ve helped Hastings grow, with community-based programs that are convenient, close at hand and cost effective. Contact us at 651-480-7670, fax 651-480-7680. Find staff contact information by clicking on About (above).
New and Noteworthy
- ALL ENRICHMENT CLASSES are available for registration now — online, in-person, fax or through the mail. Call us at 651-480-7670 with any questions or to register for a class.
- Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate? Sounds like a simple question, doesn’t it? Everyone has personal belongings that contain meaning for them. Plans for passing on such items can be challenging and may lead to family conflict. Learn practical information about inheriting personal property and identify key factors in planning for transfer of family property. FREE Wednesday, October 15, 6-7:30 p.m., Tilden Community Center. Call 651-480-7670 to register.
- Tilden Community Center will be CLOSED on Friday, October 17 for the MEA break.
- Toward A More Perfect Union: Built to Last. Will the Constitution be able to withstand partisan politics, amendments and other challenges? Come together with your Hastings neighbors to discuss government’s interaction with its Constitution. Conversations will begin with viewing an excerpt from the Twin Cities Public Television program, “Constitution USA with Peter Sagal” and continue with how your daily life is impacted by our ever changing Constitution. The evening of lively discussion includes dessert and facilitation by Dr. Bill Spinelli. Tuesday, October 21, Tilden Community Center, dessert beginning at 6, conversation 6:30-8 p.m. FREE, but pre-registration required either online at www.hastingscommunityed.com or by calling 651-480-7670.
- Unity Through Community is Hastings Community Education’s monthly feature on Hastings Cable Channel 14. The show provides information about Community Education and upcoming community activities. It airs daily at 11 am and 7 pm. Click here for the latest show which includes guests Amy Berge, new Assistant Director of Special Education and Superintendent Tim Collins.
Hastings Community Education’s 3rd Annual Halloween Blood Drive is October 29, 12-6 p.m., Tilden Community Center gym. Call TODAY to make your appointment to donate: 651-480-7689.
Click the catalog image below to browse courses and offerings in a flip catalog (or choose this PDF version) — or click here to register online!
- Click here to request distribution of flyers in the Hastings elementary schools.
- Thank you to the United Way of Hastings for their generous grants to our Adults With Disabilities and Little Learner Scholarship Programs!
Click here for a PDF version of the Fall 2014 Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) newsletter.
Click the image below for the ‘flip version’ of the ECFE newsletter.
ECFE classes are nearly full, please call to register: 651-480-7670.