Whatever life step you are about to take, make Hastings Community Education your first step. Whether you’re facing a new challenge, pursuing a passion, seizing an opportunity, building a family or shaping a career, we can make it easier and more enjoyable. For 40 years, we’ve helped Hastings grow, with community-based programs that are convenient, close at hand and cost effective. Contact us at 651-480-7670, fax 651-480-7680. Find staff contact information by clicking on About (above).
New and Noteworthy
- HASTINGS SPRING-SUMMER 2015 CATALOG – Delivered to your mailbox the week of March 23rd. It includes: Daddy Daughter Sock Hop, Spring-O Bingo, iPad class series, Summer GRASP Program, group fitness classes for Spring-Summer, Logo & Branding Secrets for Your Business, Marketing Secrets for Your Business, Summer Enrichment Camps, more knitting classes, Cast Iron Cookery, Mother’s Day High Tea at the LeDuc Historic Estate, College Financial Planning Workshop (free), How to Fish Twin Cities Lakes, Twig Furniture Workshops, Beauty Boot Camp, The War that Changed the World 100 Years Ago, How to Work with Your Spirit Guides and Angels, Learn to Kayak, Stand Up Paddleboarding Lessons, Headwaters to Hills Bicycling Minnesota’s Mississippi River Trail, Pickleball, Online Courses, Kids Sports-Arts-STEM Camps, ZAPS Test Prep Seminar – Invitation and more.
- Summer GRASP – Still accepting registrations until April 30th! Click here to collect sign up form – or sign up online by clicking here.
- New Preschool Class Opening. Good news–we just added an extra section on Mondays and Wednesdays. Click here to register online or call 651-480-7670.
- Driver’s Education Parent Meeting for families who have new drivers in their households. Thursday, April 23 from 7:00 – 8:30 pm at the Hastings High School. This meeting is an informational consultation where parents will learn about new laws and statistics. There will be a police officer and insurance agent to talk about teen driving and how it relates to parents.There will also be a discussion of what to expect with behind the wheel and what parents need to do in terms of practicing and logging time with their kids, a pre-requisite for teens to get their license. Fee is $5.00. Call Community Ed at 651-480-7670 to register or go online to www.hastingscommunityed.com.
- The 8th Annual Daddy Daughter Dance is Saturday, April 25
Hastings Middle School, 5-7:30 p.m. This year’s theme is a ’50’s sock hop, so break out the poodle skirts and Dads, get ready to slick back your hair. New this year–purchase your ticket with a meal option or without. Click here to register or call 651-480-7670.
- “Relax Shop Connect” for early education–the third annual Tilden Preschool Scholarship Fundraiser is coming up on Thursday, April 30, 4-6 p.m. at the Onion Grille.
- Relax! Enjoy a few hours raising money for a great cause!
- Shop! Shop various vendors for early Mother’s Day gift or for yourself.
- Connect! Learn about various groups and organizations in Hastings.
- Tickets are available at Tilden Community Center, 310 River Street or from any Early Learning Advisory Council member–$5 in advance, $8 at the door
Many thanks to United Way of Hastings and The Onion Grille for their generosity and support of our young families and programs!
- Tilden Community Center is sponsoring its annual spring American Red Cross Blood Drive on Tuesday, April 28, noon-6 p.m. at Tilden, 310 River Street. Call 651-480-7689 to make an appointment to give.
- Spring-O Bingo event! A free, family-friendly event at the Tilden Community Center on Friday, May 1st. Doors and concessions open at 5 pm and bingo runs from 6-8 pm. Lots of prizes and ham for single winners. Please bring a non-perishable food or home item for the local food shelf. There will be a fundraiser during the event of raffle prizes for the Invest in a Student scholarship program. Pre-registration is necessary as event will fill. Call 651-480-7670 or on-line at www.hastingscommunityed.com.
- Playgrounds in the Summer is hiring a program coordinator, lead and assistant counselors. Great summer job for students! Apply online at www.hastings.k12.mn.us, click on the link to employment.
- Unity Through Community is Hastings Community Education’s monthly feature on Hastings Cable Channel 14. It airs daily at 11 am and 7 pm. Click here for the latest show which features Early Learning Advisory Council Chair Kari Kasel and Early Childhood Coordinator Angie McGinnis sharing information about the upcoming Tilden Preschool Fundraiser!
- Please see the link to a video Hastings Public Schools Superintendent Collins would like to share regarding the district’s financial picture and plan for the 2015-16 school year. See http://youtu.be/nnfgkCcKuXE
- Vision 2025 is an ongoing community conversation about the Hastings Public Schools. Hear what’s going on from School Board Chair Vince O’Brien: https://www.movenote.com/v/ZbKY2l-dCSE-E
- FUNDRAISER for “Invest in a Student”: This money is made available to help families who enroll their child in an enrichment class that they may not have been able to without the support of Invest in a Student. Click here to learn more.
- Have you liked us on Facebook yet? Over 300 people have–just click on the Facebook icon above
- Click here to request distribution of flyers in the Hastings elementary schools.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER: Please check here on inclement weather days to see whether or not your class/program will run.
- Thank you to the United Way of Hastings for their generous grants to our Adults With Disabilities and Little Learner Scholarship Programs!
- Click here for a PDF version of the Winter-Spring 2015 Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) newsletter. Click the image below for the ‘flip version’ of the ECFE newsletter.
- PRESCHOOL & SCHOOL READINESS classes now available for registration for 2015-16! Click Preschool link above.
- Click here for a PDF version of the Spring-Summer 2015 Community Education full catalog. (Click cover image below for the ‘flip version’ of the same catalog.)
- Click here to register online!