GREAT RIVERS – Adult Education Consortium
The Great Rivers Adult Education Program serves adults in Hastings Public Schools and SoWashCo Schools districts and surrounding communities.
Fall classes begin September 6th. Classes are offered Monday-Thursday mornings.
This is the place to be if you are interested in:
- Completing your high school diploma or earning your GED
- Learning English
- Gaining skills for employment and training
- Experiencing a community of learners supporting one another to reach their goals
Our Program offers:
- English language classes plus additional classes for English learners such as: grammar, writing, pronunciation, American conversations, book studies and career explorations
- High school diploma completion and GED prep and official Pearson Vue GED testing
- Basic computer skills classes plus Microsoft Office Suite courses
- ParaPro Assessment Prep classes
- Generations Café internships that build customer service skills and provide on the job training in a professional environment
- English in the workplace classes with our partners at Renewal by Andersen and Andersen Windows
- Collaborative work programs with Washington and Dakota County CareerForce
- Education programs for inmates at Dakota County Jail
- Credit recovery programming for all four SoWashCo high schools
We support our community by providing a welcoming and safe space for education, confidence building and ways to improve essential life and work skills. Our programs provide hope, friendship, with access and opportunities within our communities.
Please fill out this Great Rivers Adult Education new student registration form and our staff will contact you within two business days. If you have trouble registering please text or call: Susie Evans at 651-270-3266 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach us by emailing email@example.com.
ESL, GED and Diploma classes will be held in Cottage Grove at the District Program Center. Microsoft Office and Pathways programming will be held in Woodbury at Central Park.
GED and K-12 Diploma
- Fill out the application found here.
- Staff will review applications on a rolling basis. Immediate admission is not guaranteed. Start dates occur every 4-6 weeks.
- Program staff will contact the student, following application review, to set up a meeting OR make a program referral.
- The Continual Learning Plan meeting, with program staff, will determine which program is the best fit prior to program acceptance. Please return application materials as soon as possible.
- Click here to download the Great Rivers Program Application.
Eligibility Requirements for Adult Learners
- Be 17 years of age or older
- Not enrolled or required to be enrolled in secondary school under State law;
- AND Meet one of more of the following:
- Unable to speak, read or write English;
- Do not have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Lack sufficient mastery of basic educational skills
Our program offers official GED Testing at the Tilden Community Center (310 River St. Hastings, MN 55033). To register for one or more official subject tests sign up at www.ged.com and select “Hastings Community Ed-Adult Basic Education as the test center. Contact Pearson Vue directly with scheduling questions or for rescheduling 1-877-392-6433.
Great River’s Adult Education Mission and Vision
The mission of the Adult Basic Education program is to provide learners with a comfortable, challenging, learning and networking environment to enhance work, English language and life skills.
Our vision is to partner with learners to create opportunities where students attend regularly, set personal goals, use technology and make progress while collaborating with community and educational organizations to create pathways for success.
In order to be eligible for our classes you must:
1. Be 17 years of age or older; AND
2. Not enrolled or required to be enrolled in secondary school under State law; AND
3. Meet one or more of these conditions:
a. Unable to speak, read or write English;
b. Do not have high school diploma or equivalent;
c. lack sufficient mastery of basic educational skills.
*An exception is made for Work-Based Project Learners and Transition to Employment students referred by the Workforce Center or MFIP to be allowed in conditional content classes.
Great Rivers Adult Education Consortium Manager
Great Rivers Adult Education Consortium Specialist
English as a Second Language Registration Info
Great Rivers Adult Education Consortium Coordinator
GED or K12 Diploma Program Info
Tilden Community Center
310 River Street
Hastings, MN 55033
651-480-7670 Main Registrar Office