Welcome! We look forward to meeting you and your child.
These two items are required by the State of Minnesota before your child can enter kindergarten:
+ Your child’s birth certificate
Birth certificates can be obtained from any Dakota County Government Service Center
+ Up to date immunizations
You will be asked to provide a record of your child’s shots at Kindergarten Roundup. All children entering kindergarten must have a varicella (chickenpox) vaccine (or a history of having chickenpox) and a second dose of vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella. If your child should not have immunizations for medical reasons or because of the conscientiously held beliefs of the parents, the school must have written proof of exemption.
You can enroll your child in one of our Early Learning Program classes any time during the school year.Tuition assistance funds may be available for those families who qualify. For an application, please call 651-480-7678.
Early Childhood Screening for Ages 3 – 4 Years
Located at Tilden Community Center
Call 651-480-7381 to schedule an appointment or get more information.
An early look at your child’s health and development, early childhood screening allows any health and developmental concerns to be addressed at least one year before a child enters kindergarten. This free service is required by the state of Minnesota for entrance into Kindergarten. PLEASE DO IT EARLY! The ideal age is between 3 and 4 years of age. Screening includes height, weight, vision test, hearing test and developmental games. We are screening children on Fridays at Tilden Community Center.
Kids’ Campus (school age care for your kindergartener)
No matter which option you choose for your family, Kids’ Campus can provide before and after school care for your kindergartener. The program is open all year, Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on most school release days and holidays. There are a variety of flexible enrollment options available. For information on Kids’ Campus, call 651-480-7671; email email@example.com .
Kindergarten Registration Information
Your child’s elementary building is determined based on your home address and ISD 200 elementary attendance boundaries. Completed kindergarten enrollment applications require the following information (check back for updated dates):
- Student Registration Form – due by February 28, 2017
- Home Language Questionnaire – due by February 28, 2017
- Student Immunization Form – due by August 15, 2017
- Child’s birth certificate due at time of registration
- Proof of Early Childhood Screening due at time of registration. If your child has not been screened, please call 651-480-7381 to schedule an appointment. If your child was screened in Hastings, the screening report is on file.
- Optional: Daycare Transportation Form due by June 8. This is only for daycare transportation within your attendance area.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
- Kennedy Elementary School, 1175 Tyler St, Hastings, MN 55033 | Main Office (651) 480-7220 | Fax (651) 480-7222
- McAuliffe Elementary School, 1601 West 12th St, Hastings, MN 55033 | Main Office (651) 480-7390 | Fax (651) 480-7392
- Pinecrest Elementary School, 975 W. 12th St, Hastings, MN 55033 | Main Office (651) 480-7280 | Fax (651) 480-7282
- Countdown to Kindergarten 2017 – Don’t miss out on the chance to meet Kindergarten teachers and see Kindergarten classrooms!
- Student Registration Form
- Home Language Questionnaire
- Student Immunization Form (Must be turned in by August 15, 2017 and up-to-date before student begins school.)