Hello! Welcome to Hastings Early Childhood Family Education and Community Preschool – Home of the Little Raiders!
I have had the pleasure of working in ECFE programs for the past 24 years and am beginning my ninth year as a Parent Educator in Hastings. My husband and I have five adult children, six & three year-old granddaughters and welcomed two new grandsons in July and September. During the pandemic I have enjoyed reading, taking on new challenges (think vaulted ceiling and garage painting!). cooking, camping and exploring National Parks. This past summer we explored the waterways of Voyaguers National Park in Minnesota by boat for the first time.
ECFE is planning a variety of virtual and in person/outdoor learning opportunities for children Birth – Seven years of age along with virtual newborn home visits. In addition, I plan to work with our preschool programs to support school readiness through Bridges to Learning. This year parents will have an opportunity to experience their child’s on-site preschool classroom, virtually.
I appreciate the significant learning that families experience through connection with each other and participation in early childhood programs. This continues to be as true today as it ever has been. I look forward to meeting you and getting to know you and your family! I am available to discuss questions or concerns regarding child development and provide resources for parenting. Please contact me by email. I hope to connect with you soon!
Backpack Connection SeriesBackpack Connection Series – How to Help Your Child Recognize and Understand Sadness
- How to Use Visual Schedules to Help Your Child Understand Expectations
- How to Help Your Child Transition Smoothly Between Places and Activities
- How To Help Your Child Recognize and Understand Anger
- How to Help Your Child Recognize and Understand Fear
- How to Help Your Child Avoid Meltdowns
- How to Help Your Child Recognize and Understand Sadness
- How to Teach Your Child to Appropriately Get Your Attention
- Backpack Connection Series – How to Help Your Child Understand and Label Emotions
- TACSEI Teaching Your Child to Become Independent with Daily Routines
Enjoy these ideas and links for Family Fun!
Curbside Parenting is brief newsletter offered each month of the school year for parents in our classes. Tips and information for parents, community resources, and seasonal activities for children are included.