Hello! Welcome to Hastings Early Childhood Family Education and Community Preschool – Home of the Little Raiders!
I have had the pleasure of working in ECFE programs for the past 25 years and am beginning my tenth year as a Parent Educator in Hastings. My husband and I have five adult children, six & three year-old granddaughters and two grandsons just turning one. I enjoy spending time with my family, reading and camping. This past summer we went on a camping trip out west to explore nine National Parks. My favorite was Crater Lake in Oregon!
ECFE is planning a variety of virtual and in person indoor/outdoor learning opportunities for children Birth – Five years of age along with virtual newborn home visits. In addition, I will be working with our preschool programs to support school readiness through Bridges to Learning to allow parents a view into their child’s classroom experience.
I appreciate the significant learning that families experience through connection with each other and participation in early childhood programs. This continues to be as true today as it ever has been. I look forward to meeting you and getting to know you and your family! I am available to discuss questions or concerns regarding child development and provide resources for parenting. Please contact me by email or phone. I hope to connect with you soon!
Dfleming@hastings.k12.mn.us; (651) 480-7376
Backpack Connection Series –
- How to Use Visual Schedules to Help Your Child Understand Expectations
- How to Help Your Child Transition Smoothly Between Places and Activities
- How To Help Your Child Recognize and Understand Anger
- How to Help Your Child Recognize and Understand Fear
- How to Help Your Child Avoid Meltdowns
- How to Help Your Child Recognize and Understand Sadness
- How to Teach Your Child to Appropriately Get Your Attention
- Backpack Connection Series – How to Help Your Child Understand and Label Emotions
- TACSEI Teaching Your Child to Become Independent with Daily Routines