Hello! Welcome to Hastings Early Childhood Family Education and Community Preschool – Home of the Little Raiders!
I have had the pleasure of working in ECFE programs for the past 23 years and am beginning my eighth year as a Parent Educator in Hastings. My husband and I have five adult children and five & two year-old granddaughters that we enjoy spending time and experiencing adventures with. In my leisure time, I enjoy reading, home renovation projects. cooking, travelling and exploring National Parks. Last summer we explored Acadia National Park in Maine and took a tour of Oak Island in Nova Scotia.
I appreciate the significant connections that families make through participation in our programs and joy in watching their children grow and learn. I look forward to meeting you and getting to know you and your family. In addition to teaching parent education in ECFE classes, Birth – Four years of age, I make home daycare and preschool visits in the community to promote school readiness. I am especially excited this year to be connecting with preschool families through Bridges to Learning Parent-Child Events in the classroom and STEAM classes. I am available to discuss questions or concerns regarding child development and provide resources for parenting. Please contact me by email or phone. I hope to meet you soon!
Backpack Connection SeriesBackpack Connection Series – How to Help Your Child Recognize and Understand Sadness
- How to Use Visual Schedules to Help Your Child Understand Expectations
- How to Help Your Child Transition Smoothly Between Places and Activities
- How To Help Your Child Recognize and Understand Anger
- How to Help Your Child Recognize and Understand Fear
- How to Help Your Child Avoid Meltdowns
- How to Help Your Child Recognize and Understand Sadness
- How to Teach Your Child to Appropriately Get Your Attention
- Backpack Connection Series – How to Help Your Child Understand and Label Emotions
- TACSEI Teaching Your Child to Become Independent with Daily Routines
Enjoy these ideas and links for Family Fun!
- 2015 Summer Fun Brainstorms
- Play Together-Parenting the Preschooler– University of Wisconsin Extension
- 100 Free Things to Do in Minneapolis and St. Paul pdf
Curbside Parenting is brief newsletter offered each month of the school year for parents in our classes. Tips and information for parents, community resources, and seasonal activities for children are included.