Early Childhood Screening:
An early look at your child’s health and development, this screening allows any health and developmental concerns to be addressed at least one year before kindergarten. This free service is required by the state of MN for entrance into kindergarten. Please do it early. The ideal age is 3 – 4 years. Screening includes: height, weight, vision test, hearing test and developmental games. The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) is pleased to offer an Early Childhood Screening Parent Video.
Early Childhood Screening is located at: Tilden Community Education Center 310 River Street Hastings, MN 55033
Once you have made your appointment and received your confirmation, see the list below for links to download the six (6) documents you will need to bring on screening day:
- Ages & Stages Questionnaire
- 33 months 0 months through 41 months 30 days – click here
- 42 months through 53 months 30 days – click here
- 54 months through 72 months – click here
- Parent Consent Child Health & Development Screening – click here
- Child Health and Developmental History – click here
- Immunization Record (Immunizations are not kept from year to year) – click here
- Registration for Early Childhood Screening – click here
- Hastings Public Schools (ISD 200) – Census Form – click here
Useful Tools for Parents
Note: State law requires immunizations upon enrolling in the ECFE and Tilden Community Preschool programs. Parents may get a legal exemption from the law for medical reasons or conscientiously held beliefs. Call your doctor, clinic, or health plan for information.