Flu Shot Clinic
Thursday, September 26 from 1pm – 3pm
Bring your insurance card, Medicare Card and wear short Sleeves. High dose flu shots will be available.
Painting with Dave Youngren
Thursday, September 26 @ 6:30 pm – Tilden
Join us for a fun evening painting with Dave. All supplies and snack are included. We will be painting “Grandpa’s Maple”.
Please register with Hastings Community Education. Code: 51031A
The Upside of Downsizing
6 – Part Series
This is an education series offered by Melanie Baker of Method Organization.
Feel free to take one or all classes. Please call 651-480-7689 to register.
1. Mon. Sept 30 | 1pm-2pm | Stressful to Successful – downsizing checklist to help keep on track.
2. Mon. Oct 7 | 1pm-2pm | Aging in Place – Exploring the basic principles of universal design and presenting safer scenarios to keep people in the homes.
3. Mon. Oct 14 | 1pm-2pm | Downsizing for Dollars – A basic overview of the avenues used for selling unwanted items, and determining their value.
4. Mon. Oct 21 |1pm-2pm | Transition Trauma – How to recognize and avoid it in your yourself or family members.
5. Mon. Oct 28 | 1pm-2pm | Estate Sale 101 – A helpful checklist to source when planning an estate or moving sale.
6. Mon. Nov 4 | 1pm-2pm | Treasure or Trash – What’s it Worth? An overview on things to keep an eye out for when deciding what to sell and how to value them. This is a fun time where people are invited to bring something in to have valued. Melanie works WITH you to come to a decision.
Lunch & Learn Scams and Fraud
October 10 – 9am-12pm
Location: Apple Valley Senior Center, 14601 Hayes Rd., Apple Valley
Space is limited so you must register by calling 651-480-7689
TRIAD has two main objectives; to reduce crime against seniors and reduce the unwarranted fear of crime that the elderly often experience. The Dakota County Sheriff’s Office is the presenter.
Wed Oct 16 from 1pm-3pm
Location: Tilden Parking Lot
$5 per car, 1-3 bags/boxes
$10 per car, 4-8 bags/boxes
$50 per car, 9+ bags/boxes
Senior Women Self Defense Class
Thursdays, Oct 24 & 31 @ 11:30am – 1:00pm Tilden Gym
Learn how NOT to be a victim, some simple escapes, and how to be aware of your surroundings. Instructor, Center Member, Clint Fritter, has been practicing karate since 1984. He has a 5th degree black belt in Shorin Ryu karate. Call 651-480-7689 to register.
Tilden Community Center
310 River Street
Hastings, MN 55033
651-480-7670 Main Registrar Office