Online registration for Winter/Spring 2017 ECFE classes is open. The lottery will take place on Jan. 9, 2017.
There is time to register! Classes begin the first week of Feb. Please call Community Education at 651-480-7670 or stop in the office for information or to register for Early Childhood classes.
ECFE classes are located at Tilden Community Center, 310 River Street, Hastings.
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) offers classes for children ages birth through five and their parents or caregivers. Parent and child enjoy play and learning activities together under the guidance of a licensed early childhood teacher. For part of the class, parents participate in a discussion group led by a licensed parent educator. Families typically attend one day per week.
Questions about ECFE? Call Angie McGinnis at 651-480-7678 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Baby at Your Home?
We want to welcome your little one to School District 200! Please contact us to schedule a free “Welcome Baby Visit” and a free gift for families with babies birth to 4 months old. Call Angie McGinnis, ECFE Coordinator, at 651-480-7678 or email her at email@example.com.
ECFE Parent Handbook
To view the ECFE Parent Handbook, click here.
ECFE Parent Advisory Council
The Advisory Council welcomes YOU! The parent volunteers of the Advisory Council support your ECFE program in many different ways. Our meetings are held once a month, usually during the days (with child care provided). We know that the early childhood years are busy ones, and we value whatever contribution works for you and your family. If interested in learning more about the advisory council, please call Angie McGinnis at 651-480-7678 for ECFE Advisory Council contact information and meeting dates.
Here’s what ELAC Members do:
- Fund scholarships and tuition assistance for ECFE programs through fundraising activities such as the Butter Braids selling and Little Learner Event.
- Advise the program director on programming.
- Reach out to the community to increase ECFE awareness and participation.
- Support teachers and staff providing classroom supplies, recognition and support.
- Promote ECFE by holding events such as the Legislative Breakfast that spotlights our programs before local legislators to garner their support.
2017 ECFE CATALOG