HMS Promise Fellows
The Hastings Middle School Promise Fellows are affiliated with the Minnesota Alliance with Youth, and AmeriCorps. The HMS Promise Fellows work directly with students in grades 6th through 8th regarding need in the following areas: attendance, academics, and behavior. Promise Fellows serve a term of one to two years within the organization, and are supported in a collaborative effort by Hastings Middle School, the United Way of Hastings, Hastings Community Education, and the YMCA of Hastings.
To learn more about the Promise Fellows and the work they do, please contact our Enrichment & Youth Development Coordinator, Stephanie Becken with Hastings Community Education for more information.
- Student Impact encourages higher student involvement academically, socially, and in our community.
- Student Impact is a program offered to all students – free of charge.
- Student Impact helps students with schoolwork & educational support.
- Student Impact engages students in social activities & service learning projects both in school & in our community.
- Student Impact acts as a guide – connecting involved students with at least 10 hours of community service throughout the year.
- Student Impact encourages participation from families offering opportunities for family involvement throughout the year.
- Student Impact is connected with OASIS – a free after school program that offers homework help, snack, games and support to all HMS students.
Contact our Youth Development Coordinator, Stephanie Becken at 651-480-7673 for more information.
The SumMEr WEdge program is an extension of the Hastings Middle School Student Impact Club and ME to WE Club, which both makes a local and global impact through community outreach. SumMEr WEdge reaches students in grades 5 – 8 that are involved in Promise Fellow programming. The ME in SumMEr represents the individual need for fun in a safe environment that provides belonging, friendship, empowerment, and leadership skills. The WE in WEdge represents the act of DOING, GIVING, and EXCELLING beyond expectations.
Contact Stephanie Becken at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
YIC – or Youth Impact Council has been previously known as YFPC, or Youth First Planning Council in years past, and is supported by Hastings Community Education, the YMCA of Hastings, and Hastings Parks and Recreation. This club is designed for students in grades 9th through 12th, and focuses on community service and fundraising activities throughout the school year. YIC is the only high school organization that is a student funded scholarship program. Each year, we are able to award a graduating HHS senior with money that has been raised by our students – this is something our students are very proud of! YIC students support many community events including the Hastings Halloween Party, the Hastings Family Service Holiday coin drive, the Daddy Daughter Dance, Alternative Spring Break, and much more! Students are able to letter in Youth Impact Council – accumulating points affiliated with community and school service.
Projects and activities are brought to the group based on student interest and community requests. This group is a great way to get involved and meet new people! Interested or have questions? Contact Stephanie Becken at 651-480-7673.SA
Tilden Community Center
310 River Street
Hastings, MN 55033
651-480-7670 Main Registrar Office